By Heitor Silverio Lopes - Leonardo Magalhães Cruz (Eds)
Read or Download Computational Biology and Applied Bioinformatics PDF
Similar bioinformatics books
Mostindustrialbiotechnologicalprocessesareoperatedempirically. Oneofthe significant di? culties of making use of complicated keep watch over theories is the hugely nonlinear nature of the strategies. This publication examines techniques in accordance with arti? cial intelligencemethods,inparticular,geneticalgorithmsandneuralnetworks,for tracking, modelling and optimization of fed-batch fermentation strategies.
Net provider Mining: software to Discoveries of organic Pathways provides the foremost matters and options to mining companies on the net. This ebook focuses in particular on a reference framework for internet carrier mining that's encouraged by means of molecular reputation and the drug discovery method; referred to as a molecular-based method.
Now in its 5th version and for the 1st time on hand as an digital product with all entries cross-linked. This very winning long-seller has once more been completely up to date and tremendously accelerated. It now includes over 13,000 entries, and comprehensively overlaying genomics, transcriptomics, and proteomics.
This textbook comprises ten chapters, and is a must-read to all clinical and healthiness execs, who have already got simple wisdom of the way to investigate their medical info, yet nonetheless, ask yourself, after having performed so, why strategies have been played the way in which they have been. The e-book is additionally a must-read to people who are inclined to submerge within the flood of novel statistical methodologies, as communicated in present medical stories, and medical conferences.
- Protein Families: Relating Protein Sequence, Structure, and Function
- Essentials of Single-Cell Analysis: Concepts, Applications and Future Prospects
- Building Ontologies with Basic Formal Ontology
- Introduction to bioinformatics
Extra info for Computational Biology and Applied Bioinformatics
Henikoff, S. & Henikoff, J. (1992) Amino acid substitution matrices from protein blocks. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America 89(22):10915. ; Taylor, W. & Thornton, J. (1994) A mutation data matrix for transmembrane proteins. FEBS Letters 339(3):269-275. Jukes, T. & Cantor, C. (1969) Evolution of protein molecules. ). Academic Press, New York. ; Okubo, K. & others. (2011). DDBJ progress report. ; Toh, H. & Miyata T (2005) MAFFT version 5: improvement in accuracy of multiple sequence alignment.
0. ), Atlas of protein sequence and structure 5:353-358. ; Vingron, M. & Von Haeseler A. (2002). TREE-PUZZLE: maximum likelihood phylogenetic analysis using quartets and parallel computing. Bioinformatics 18(3):502. ; Wu, G. & Kim, S. (2009) Alignment-free genome comparison with feature frequency profiles (FFP) and optimal resolutions. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106(8):2677-82. Snir, S. & Tuller, T. (2009) The net-hmm approach: phylogenetic network inference by combining maximum likelihood and hidden Markov models.
Warnow, T. (2010) Multiple sequence alignment: a major challenge to large-scale phylogenetics. PLoS Currents 2. ; Zhang, A. & Zhu, C. (2010) Performance of criteria for selecting evolutionary models in phylogenetics: a comprehensive study based on simulated datasets. BMC Evolutionary Biology 10(1):242. ; Dress, A. & Werner, T. (1998). DIALIGN: finding local similarities by multiple sequence alignment. Bionformatics 14:290 - 294 Needleman, S. & Wunsch, C. (1970) A general method applicable to the search for similarities in the amino acid sequence of two proteins.