By Alex MacCaw
By Satya Komatineni, Dave MacLean (auth.)
From the major writer of Android books, Apress' Expert Android delivers complex innovations for customizing perspectives, controls, and layouts. you will learn how to improve apps in checklist time utilizing JSON, complicated shape Processing, and the BaaS (Backend As A provider) platform Parse. The e-book additionally comprises vast insurance on OpenGL, seek, and Telephony. With those complicated and time saving applied sciences you can still unencumber compelling cellular purposes in Google Play and the Amazon Appstore at a quick pace.
In professional Android, you will research to:
- Borrow, reuse, or construct customized Android UI parts
- Create 3D reviews utilizing OpenGL ES 2.0
- Write collaborative purposes within the Parse cloud and converse together with your app person neighborhood via Parse Push expertise
- Reduce the time-to-market whereas growing rock stable apps for a number of units
no matter if you're someone or firm developer, in Expert Android you can find the complicated recommendations and practices to take your cellular apps to the subsequent point. whatever the Android liberate, this e-book serves as your definitive, capstone reference in your Apress Android experience.
By Jeff Carlson
Fast grasp all of the positive factors and capabilities of the iPad with this convenient well-crafted pocket consultant. flexible, moveable, strong, ergonomically and functionally designed, the iPad is the appropriate better half for electronic media. With photographs, track, video clips, electronic mail, and greater than 150,000 apps, the iPad might help you set up, discover, and maximize your electronic international. And, thats the place this booklet steps in. convenient, reasonably cheap, and to-the-point, its an entire spouse to all of the good points and services ofthe iPad together with: Mail, Safari, pictures and Video, App shop, iBooks, Maps, Notes, Calendar, and Contacts. it is going to assist you wake up and working with easy-to-understand directions, after which convey you hidden gemstones and how you can make you a real iPad expert.Snappy writing, attention-grabbing photos, and a fresh layout stroll you thru the most typical iPad tasks.Teaches the most important apps and capabilities together with Calendar, Contacts, Maps, Notes, iPod, and highlight Search.Complete assurance of iTunes, App shop, and iBooks in addition to tips and methods for every shop.
By Ivan Turkovic
Use PhoneGap to construct cross-platform cellular functions fast and efficiently
About This Book
- Incorporate phone services reminiscent of GPS, digital camera, accelerometer, and extra into your apps for any cellular platform
- Use Cordova view to embed PhoneGap into local functions to both transit easily to PhoneGap or comprise PhoneGap functionalities
Who This ebook Is For
What you are going to Learn
- Get to grips with the basics of PhoneGap to get started
- Set up a improvement surroundings for Linux, Mac OS, and Windows
- Use Cordova CLI, workflows, and Plugman Plugin supervisor to create cellular functions efficiently
- Understand the improvement workflow to create local cross-platform cellular applications
- Embed plugin aid to transition to PhoneGap or use it to reinforce present applications
- Improve your cellular improvement wisdom utilizing object-oriented programming (OOP), reusable parts, and AJAX closures
- Be empowered to construct your individual cellular apps fast with ease
- Discover counsel and tips to make app improvement enjoyable and easy
Starting via fitting PhoneGap, you are going to enhance an app that makes use of numerous machine features via assorted plugins and how you can construct an app within the cloud with PhoneGap's construct service.
You'll observe the best way to use PhoneGap to create an software view, besides the right way to use a digicam, geolocation, and different machine functions to create attractive apps. subsequent, you are going to increase functions with PhoneGap's plugins utilizing minimalistic code. you are going to discover the app education procedure to set up your app to the app store.
By the tip of the publication, you will have additionally discovered how one can practice hybrid cellular UIs that might paintings throughout diversified structures and varied display sizes for larger person experience.
Style and approach
This is an example-based, fast moving consultant that covers the basics of constructing cross-platform cellular purposes with PhoneGap.
By Laszlo Lakatos, Laszlo Szeidl, Miklos Telek
The publication consists of 2 major elements: mathematical history and queueing structures with purposes. The mathematical heritage is a self containing advent to the stochastic methods of the later experiences queueing platforms. It begins with a brief advent to chance thought and stochastic methods and keeps with chapters on Markov chains and regenerative procedures. more moderen advances of queueing structures are according to section variety distributions, Markov arrival procedures and quasy beginning dying procedures, that are brought within the final bankruptcy of the 1st part.
the second one half is dedicated to queueing versions and their purposes. After the advent of the fundamental Markovian (from M/M/1 to M/M/1//N) and non-Markovian (M/G/1, G/M/1) queueing structures, a bankruptcy provides the research of queues with part variety distributions, Markov arrival strategies (from PH/M/1 to MAP/PH/1/K). the following bankruptcy offers the classical queueing community effects and the remainder of this half is dedicated to the appliance examples. There are queueing versions for bandwidth charing with assorted site visitors sessions, slotted multiplexers, ATM switches, media entry protocols like Aloha and IEEE 802.11b, precedence structures and retrial systems.
An appendix supplementations the technical content material with Laplace and z transformation principles, Bessel capabilities and an inventory of notations. The publication comprises examples and routines all through and will be used for graduate scholars in engineering, arithmetic and sciences.
By Ben Smith
Apress’ 5th assortment of their best-selling sequence of the skilled iPhone app builders explaining the main points and sharing the code in their highly-touted and well known apps. there was no letting up within the price of recent apps on Apple's iTunes App shop, and there are new programmers becoming a member of the fold with more moderen cooler apps going up on a daily basis. this is often one of many books to assist them get forward within the proceed iPhone gold rush.
By Maciej Drozdowski (auth.)
To take complete benefit of excessive functionality computing, parallel purposes has to be conscientiously controlled to assure caliber of carrier and equity in utilizing shared assets. Scheduling for parallel computing is an interdisciplinary topic becoming a member of many fields, and the broadness of study yields an incredible quantity and variety of versions for knowing scheduling problems.
This concentrated and necessary booklet provides scheduling types for parallel processing, difficulties outlined at the grounds of definite scheduling versions, and algorithms fixing the scheduling difficulties. As lots of the scheduling difficulties are combinatorial in nature, the technique of computational complexity idea is tested. 4 examples of scheduling versions are provided, besides difficulties and algorithms, prior to drawing conclusions on their mutual relationships. The booklet additionally presents priceless generalizations approximately scheduling versions, their difficulties and algorithms.
Topics and features:
- Introduces the elemental scheduling recommendations and clarifies the relation among scheduling types, difficulties, algorithms, and schedules
- Discusses the technological features of scheduling for parallel processing, demonstrating how hugely summary scheduling regulations are decided by way of the underlying and software
- Presents the notions, thoughts, and algorithms which are so much instantly appropriate in parallel processing, together with proper features of vintage scheduling theory
- Examines the parallel job version, studying inflexible, moldable, malleable projects, and projects with shape
- Outlines the method of computational complexity conception and introduces the fundamental metrics of parallel program performance
- Explores scheduling with verbal exchange delays, taking into consideration the prices of delays
- Examines scheduling divisible lots in platforms with constrained reminiscence, a variety of interconnection forms, and price of usage
- Includes unique illustrations, a entire bibliography, and a beneficial notation section
This designated textual content can be a invaluable source for researchers in parallel computing, working structures, administration technological know-how, and utilized arithmetic. furthermore, academics and complicated scholars wanting an exceptional starting place approximately scheduling for parallel computing will locate the e-book a severe instructing software and reference.
By Amgad Muhammad
Develop vision-aware and clever Android purposes with the powerful OpenCV library
About This Book
- This is the main up to date ebook on OpenCV Android programming out there in the interim. there is not any direct pageant for our title.
- Based on a expertise that's expanding in attractiveness, confirmed by means of task in boards concerning this topic.
- This ebook uniquely covers functions resembling the Panoramic viewer and automated Selfie, between others.
Who This publication Is For
If you're an Android developer and need to understand the way to enforce vision-aware functions utilizing OpenCV, then this publication is easily for you.
It will be very worthy when you comprehend the fundamentals of photograph processing and machine imaginative and prescient, yet no past event is required
What you are going to Learn
- Identify and set up the entire parts had to commence development vision-aware Android applications
- Explore photo illustration, coloured and grey scale
- Recognize and observe convolution operations and filtering to accommodate noisy data
- Use diversified form research techniques
- Extract and determine curiosity issues in an image
- Understand and practice item detection
- Run local machine imaginative and prescient algorithms and achieve functionality boosts
Starting from the fundamentals of computing device imaginative and prescient and OpenCV, we are going to take you the entire solution to growing fascinating purposes. you'll find that, even though computing device imaginative and prescient is a not easy topic, the guidelines and algorithms used are uncomplicated and intuitive, and you'll savour the abstraction layer that OpenCV makes use of to do the heavy lifting for you. full of many examples, the booklet may help you realize the most info buildings used inside OpenCV, and the way you should use them to realize functionality boosts. subsequent we'll talk about and use a number of snapshot processing algorithms resembling histogram equalization, filters, and colour area conversion. then you definately will find out about photograph gradients and the way they're utilized in many form research suggestions equivalent to facet detection, Hough Line remodel, and Hough Circle rework. as well as utilizing form research to discover issues in photos, you'll how you can describe items in pictures in a far better manner utilizing various function detectors and descriptors.
By the tip of this publication, it is possible for you to to make clever judgements utilizing the well-known Adaboost studying algorithm.
Style and approach
An easy-to-follow educational filled with hands-on examples. each one subject is defined and positioned in context, and the booklet offers complete information of the techniques used for additional proficiency.
By Ken Kousen
Android followed Gradle because the hottest construct automation method many years in the past, yet many Android builders are nonetheless unusual with this open resource instrument. This hands-on consultant offers a set of Gradle recipes that can assist you speedy and simply accomplish the commonest construct initiatives to your Android apps. You’ll how one can customise venture layouts, upload dependencies, and generate many various models of your app.
Gradle is predicated on Groovy, but little or no wisdom of the JVM language is needed so that you can start. Code examples use Android SDK model 23, with emulators from Marshmallow (Android 6) or Lollipop (Android 5). If you’re happy with Java and Android, you’re ready.
- Understand Gradle’s generated construct documents for Android apps
- Run Gradle from the command line or inside of Android Studio
- Add extra Java libraries on your Android app
- Import and export Eclipse ADT projects
- Digitally signal a liberate APK for the Google Play store
- Use product flavors to construct many types of an identical app
- Add customized projects to the Gradle construct process
- Test either your app’s Android and non-Android components
- Improve the functionality of your Gradle build