By Ralph E. Grim and Necip Güven (Eds.)
Read or Download Bentonites: Geology, Mineralogy, Properties and Uses PDF
Similar mineralogy books
This booklet makes a speciality of using high-resolution geophysical innovations, box observations and modeling to enquire the morphodynamics of estuaries on either glaciated and non-glaciated coasts and on various time scales. Papers during this publication supply a brand new method of nearshore and estuary reports, with an emphasis on multidisciplinary strategies and information integration.
This edited paintings includes the latest advances relating to the examine of layered intrusions and cumulate rocks formation. the 1st a part of this booklet provides reports and new perspectives of tactics generating the textural, mineralogical and geochemical features of layered igneous rocks. the second one half summarizes growth within the learn of chosen layered intrusions and their ore deposits from various elements of the realm together with Canada, Southwest China, Greenland and South Africa.
- Kristallographie: Eine Einfuhrung fur Naturwissenschaftler
- Atomic and Molecular Spectroscopy: Basic Aspects and Practical Applications
- High-Pressure Crystallography: From Fundamental Phenomena to Technological Applications (NATO Science for Peace and Security Series B: Physics and Biophysics)
- The Ore Minerals and their Intergrowths
- Introduction to Ore-Forming Processes
- Principles of Sedimentary Basin Analysis
Additional resources for Bentonites: Geology, Mineralogy, Properties and Uses
Montmorillonite aggregates and lath-shaped units in the Helms bentonite (sample 22). -2 pm fraction of the sample. The remainder consist of E- and S-type lamellae of montmorillonite. In the Syler top shale (sample 23), reticulated aggregates of smectites are made up of tiny rhombs and laths similar to those in the Santa Rita-type aggregates. Mica and kaolinites are common impurities in the sample. In the Clark Yenna bentonite (sample 24), Cheto-type aggregates make up about 80% of the smectites in the sample.
1935. A preliminary investigation of the bleaching clays of Mississippi. Miss. Geol. Surv. , 29: 6 0 pp. , 1969. Bentonite in Montana. , Bur. Mines. , 74: 3 4 pp. , 1929. Occurrence of bentonite in Southern Arkansas. Am. Inst. Min. Metall. , Tech. , 239: 11 pp. , 1960. Geology of the Otay bentonite deposit, San Diego County, California. Calif. Dep. Nat. , Div. Mines, Spec. , 64: 1-16. , 1962. Bt. John’s bentonite, Clarborne, Parish, Louisiana. La. Dep. , Geol. , Folio Ser. No. 2. , 1928. Preliminary report on bentonite in Mississippi.
2. , 1928. Preliminary report on bentonite in Mississippi. Miss. State Geol. , 22: 1 4 pp. E. , 1961. Montmorillonite: high temperature reaction and classification. Am. , 46: 1329-1369. , 1974. Lath-shaped units in fine-grained micas and smectites. , 22: 385-390. , 1939. Adsorptive clays of the Texas Gulf Coast. Am. , 24: 67-108. , 1939. Bentonite in Wyoming. Wy. Geol. , 28: 22 pp. R. , 1962. Early Tertiary bentonite from the subsurface of central Delaware. Geol. Am. , 73: 395-398. , 1931. Bentonite from Ventura, California.